Skip to content
- Submissions are accepted via electronic submission only through our partner websites FilmFreeway, Withoutabox, and NetworkISA.
- There is no limit to the length of the projects you submit. Projects can be in script or treatment form.
- There is no limit to the number of projects you may submit.
- Scripts must be written in English or French, but can be in any film or television genre.
- Entrants are prohibited from contacting the judges during the competition. Any entrant who attempts to contact a judge will be disqualified and their entry fee forfeited. The decision of the judges is final.
- Entry fees for screenplay entries are posted on our partner websites and are non refundable.
- Employees and family members of the film festival are not eligible.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older to enter the contest. Misrepresentation of age, upon discovery, will forfeit entry and fees to the contest. Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- Entries must be received on or before the deadlines and submission fee payment must be made in full at time of the submission. All entry fees are non-refundable
- All submitted material must be original, and all rights must be wholly owned by the writer(s).
- All entries must be the original, and unpublished, un-produced, un-optioned work of the entrant. The entrant ensures that he or she is the sole author of the work and that it does not infringe on any existing copyright.
- All winners are responsible for their own U.S. income tax withholding.
- The competition, its judges, and its officers accept no liability whatsoever for any claims of damages, real or perceived, by any entrant(s) as a result of their participation in this contest.
- Industry distribution should in no way be in interpreted as a guarantee of future representation or success. Whether or not industry partners choose to work with finalists, is done so at the sole discretion of each and every individual company.
Rules & Eligibility
- All writers at least 18 years of age are eligible.
- All persons from anywhere in the world are eligible; however the material submitted must be in English or French.
- All material submitted to other competitions or contests are eligible.
- Professional writers, journalists, poets, and previous contest winners are eligible.
- There are no requirements as to when the material was written.
- Material must be your original work.
- The material submitted must not be encumbered by any obligation to, or option held by, a third party prior to entering the competition.
- We do not provide feedback, notes, grades, or rankings of any kind. We assume you already know how to write at a professional level and that is why you are entering this contest.
- By submitting your material you agree to be added to our email list, but can remove yourself by unsubscribing at anytime.
- Please note that the Toronto International Screenwriting Competition is in no way affiliated with any other film festival, screenwriting competition, film school, or film related enterprise or organization including, but not limited to TSC, TCA, TWA, Tisch, and or TIFF.
- TISC reserves the right to revoke recognitions status at any time with or without cause.